SPEED-IT programme has been started to expand the existing Post Graduate programme (Masters and PhD's) in IT and IT related disciplines and to wipe out the issues which are extremely critical in the economic slowdown. The scheme addresses issues like,
- Loss of employment in the IT/ITES sector
- Lack of employment of graduating students
- Employment for Gulf returnees especially in the IT/ITES sector
- Need for larger human resource with higher qualification in the IT/ITES sector to sustain India's position as a leader in IT sector.
Details of the scholarships:
- The scholarship amount for the Master students is Rs 8000/- per month and for PhD students is ***.
- The scholarship will be available only for students specifically admitted under the SPEED-IT programme.
- The scheme shall be available to both Government and Private Engineering Colleges. The engineering colleges shall expand their existing intake for Master and PhD to avail the benefit of the scheme, but the expansion of the M Tech and PhD programme will be on a self financing basis and no separate financial assistance shall be provided by Government. The scholarship shall be routed through the colleges.