Capacity building among Government departments is one of the most important requirements for successful implementation of e-Governance programmes. This aspects has been stressed both under the national e-Governance programmes as well in the IT Policy 2007 of Government of Kerala. Based on the recommendation of the Administrative Reforms Commission on promoting e-Governance, State Government has proposed Capacity Building in the individual level by starting a Diploma/Degree programme on e-Governance.
The Institute of Management in Government (IMG) and Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management - Kerala (IIITM-K) jointly conduct a one year Post Graduate Diploma in e-Governance which aims at high standards in Information Technology, Management and Governance. The objective of the course is to help the participants to understand how to manage e-Governance projects implemented in the state. The course is spread over 2 Semester with a total duration of one year.
Details of the course
- Bachelor's degree in any discipline with computer proficiency. Diploma / certification in computer application / IT will be an added advantage. Preferences will be given to B Tech / MBA / MCA degree holders.
- The total intake of the programme is 45 of which 20 are from open quota, 15 are reserved for Government Officers and 10 for sponsored candidates.
- Course Fee: The course fee is Rs.75,000/-.
- Course Coverage: In order to help the participants align the outcome of the course with their areas of interest the classroom sessions have been divided into Core courses and Elective courses and they are grouped under the following three disciplines.
- Information Technology
Guidelines for Government Employees for applying for Post Graduate Diploma in e-Governance Course for the year 2015-16
- Circular No 1305/B2/13/ITD dated 17/04/2013
- GO(Ms) No 16/09/ITD dated 10/07/2009
- GO(Rt) No 253/10/ITD dated 29/10/2010
- Head of the Department are requested to forward a list of nominated candidates with their resume and testimonials on or before 04/07/2015 to Director, Kerala State IT Mission, ICT Campus, Vellayambalam, Thiruvananthapuram Ph +91 471 2726881, 2314303 Fax : 2314284.
- Department shall nominate 4 qualified officers for the year 2015-16
- The department should forward the NOC of concerned , if he/she selected for the course. While granting NoC, the department would also consent that the said employee would be deputed for one year for the purpose of the said course in case he is selected.
- Specify criteria for the selection of candidate.
- Role to be assigned/project to be assigned to the candidate on successful completion of the course.
- An undertaking from the Head of Departments that service of employees who complete the course will be fully utilized in an effective manner for e-Governance projects of their departments/ projects.
Circular for PGDeG 2015-16
Kerala State IT Mission,
Thiruvananthapuram - 695 033