3.3.2. Differently abled to digitally able
The government shall also encourage/incentivise differently abled individuals to take up certifications/courses which shall enable them to take up a career in the IT industry.
Sub Policy 5: Digital Capacity Building Policy
- Government shall ensure barrier free access to the differently abled in all IT parks with globally accepted accessibility norms.
- Employers shall be given financial incentives for employing differently abled individuals.
- Introduce a ‘MGNREGS’ model scheme in the IT sector to address mass digitization/ related tasks within various government departments/ bodies and to bring more employable youth under the IT umbrella. The digitization and archiving tasks within the government departments/ bodies have to be taken up with specific targets and timelines while giving higher priority to significant areas like health, revenue, education etc. This model can be extended to cover the students of arts & science colleges in the State too thus giving them an exposure to an IT environment.
- Utilize big data and analytics to proactively extend government welfare schemes to the vulnerable sections of the society (Senior citizens, physically & mentally challenged, single mothers, widows, BPL families etc)
- Inclusion and participation of the local population in the vicinity of IT parks shall be enabled by mandatory reservation/preference of employment (subject to meeting qualification guidelines) in all ancillary services.