6.12. Haritha Keralam
As a responsible state, Kerala is taking continuous improvement measures towards a sustainable environment for a healthy society. Many initiatives are being organized and managed in the state by the Government. Various initiatives planned to strengthen Haritha Keralam include:
- Leverage ICT and e-Governance ecosystem for effective planning, implementation, monitoring and Governance of various green initiatives in the state.
- Use of energy saving equipment within the infrastructure
- Use of Solar and alternate energy sources
- Encourage Green certification of IT organizations and buildings within the state
- Develop a Green IT Policy / guideline for the effective electronic waste management depending on the nature and use of the equipment.
- Create a special project to make available the benefits of modern scientific technology to the agriculture sector in Kerala. Create a system to utilize the E-commerce, digital marketing provisions and developments in IoT , IT, Biotechnology for the common farmers and to create a database in all the phases viz., production, storage and exports/value addition of agricultural products so as to benefit the farmers.