2.3.3. Free software and Human Capital
Increased adoption of free software by industries has led to increased demand for trained personnel. Addressing this demand requires systematic intervention at various levels. The vast resources for learning available on the Internet need to be leveraged.
SME Sector and Free software
Libraries and Free knowledge
- The government shall promote free software user groups on college campuses through the ‘Student Ambassador’ program of ICFOSS.
- Experiential workshops in various technologies shall be conducted in colleges and polytechnics.
- Under programs like Tequip, training shall be provided to faculty.
- Working professionals who are interested in teaching/contributing shall be encouraged to do so.
- Curriculum-linked free software awareness shall be brought in in most disciplines from pure sciences to music.