9.3. State Data Centers and Cloud
Enhance all State Data Centres with the adoption of “Cloud by default” approach of the state and strengthen the Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity Processes . Establish and operationalise the near site and remote Disaster Recovery sites. Other initiatives being
Kerala State Optical Fiber Network
- Consolidation of SDCs for energy efficiency, effective monitoring and optimised resource utilization.
- Adoption of Cloud first principle for the e-Governance DC infrastructure
- Virtualisation of infrastructure for effective utilisation and energy efficiency
- Establish right tools and processes for faster provisioning and allocations of infrastructure environments to departments, ensure high availability of infrastructure and systems.
- Establish modular, redundant and scalable infrastructure across data centres ensuring high availability
- Establish an Integrated Command and Control Centre (ICCC) for monitoring and control of Data Centres and other network infrastructure on 24 x 7 basis with right tools and processes.
- Establish Security Operations Centre (SOC) to strengthen pro-active monitoring of threats on 24 x 7 basis and ensure security of the Infrastructure, systems and data.
- Aligning to the state vision on Green initiatives, ensure low PUE, use energy efficient cooling solutions and use of solar power for the DCs
- Establish and integrated statewide DR/BCP optimizing the statewide infrastructure.
- Focus on continuous improvement in collaboration with technology and service partners.