4.1. Digital Literacy
Human capital is undoubtedly the most significant resource for the IT sector. There has been some robust steps towards bridging the gap between academia and the industry to create employable manpower. However, more initiatives in this sector will be taken to attract companies to start/augment their operations in Kerala.
- Strengthen the ICT Academy
Map industry acclaimed online courses/certification to University curriculum
Delivery of Courses integrating IT with nano technology and bio technology shall be started and R&D in this area to be promoted
Industry-Academia linkage to ensure mandatory internship for IT students. Incentivize IT companies complying with the idea.
Creation of Centres of Excellence in IT education
Develop ICFOSS to an International center for FOSS studies
Develop action plans leveraging ICT to increase the employment possibility and betterment of lifestyle of differently abled
Financial Inclusion and Mobile Banking
Connected Education Hubs
- Build partnerships with renowned international universities/certifying bodies
- Infuse entrepreneurship in the engineering curriculum
- Encourage use of free online learning resources from leading universities like MIT and learning platforms
- Provide guidelines to the curriculum committees for identifying the right online courses