e-Procurement or electronic procurement is an e-infrastructure specially made for business-to-government (G2B) purchase and sale of work, goods and services using the ICT tools. Also known as supplier exchange, e-procurement is a win-win approach towards buying and selling inducing and enhancing transparency, efficiency and confidentially in procurement process through the application of PKI enabled tools. As a Global standard, a 5-10 percent of cost saving is achieved through the adoption of e-Procurement system.
A Mission Mode Project (MMP) under National e-Governance Plan (NeGP) of Government of India, e-procurement's vision & clear objective is to embrace emerging technologies/ solution for socio-economic development of the State. The implementation of the e-Procurement system in the state has helped to enhance the transparency and efficiency in Public procurement activities and monitor the same on a real-time basis.
Benefits of e-procurement system:
- Increased transparency & trust in public procurement
- Effective utilization of funds & cost reduction
- Enhanced process efficiency & better decision making
- Faster procurement cycle
- Reduced human interface
- Anytime & anywhere bidding
- Elimination of cartel formation enabling larger participation
- Vendor/ Supplier Management: Facilitates a single interface for the registration of all suppliers who intend to do business with the Government
- Indent Management: Facilitate online creation of the works and goods indents and estimates in standardized/ customized formats for approval.
- e-Tendering: Facilitates creation of online tender notification & document and its publishing, online bid submission, opening, evaluation & short listing.
- Contract Management: Facilitates issuance of electronic Work Orders/ Purchase orders, updation of Measurement Book and progress of work.
- Catalogue Management: Facilitates management of new and concluded Rate Contracts
- e-Payments: Facilitates and manages online payments of tender documents, bid submission fees, EMD and payments to contractors/ vendors.
- Management Information System: Facilitates integration with other modules in order to generate reports from all functional modules.
Programme Implementation Officer
Phone: +91 471 2726881
Fax: +91 471 2314284